Gamers is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Do you love to play video games on your desktop? Although desktops are an all-time favorite amongst PC gamers, when it comes to playing video games, laptops are also catching up pretty fast. The varieties of gaming laptops in the market are rising steadily with several big manufacturers coming up with their own versions of such a laptop. However, if you are planning to buy one, it is important that you look at more than just the specs of the machine. You also need to keep the display and the built-in keyboard in mind, along with the prices at TechFavicon.com and several other aspects that will help you choose the best gaming laptop.
Key Features to Keep in Mind While Shopping for a Gaming Laptop
A laptop is not just the processor, RAM, HDD, and screen size. There are several other aspects of laptops that also need proper considerations when it comes to playing hardcore games on the machine. Here are some of the key features you need to keep in mind while looking for the best gaming laptop for yourself.
- Key Travel: When you talk about a keyboard of a laptop, it does not simply mean the keys. One of the primary features of a good built-in keyboard of a gaming laptop is the key travel. This means how far down you can actually press a key. Normally it is good to have more than 1.5mm of key travel. However, there are also some with 2mm, which is much better. The higher the key travel, the better it is, since it will prevent you from hitting the keyboard frame.
- Macro Keys: When it comes to macro keys, it is easier to find them on a desktop keyboard rather than a gaming laptop. However, it is not impossible to find a machine with such keys. Macro keys will make it very simple for you to complete some common tasks needed in games. These are normally custom software by the manufacturer of the laptop.
- Display Resolution: If you wish to play games on your gaming laptop, most of the time, it will be a good thing to choose one with a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. If your machine has a GTX 1080 or even GTX 1070, you are better off choosing a laptop that comes with a resolution of 2560 x 1440.
- Do not go for touchscreens: Although not as bad as it may seem, touchscreens are not at all needed in a gaming laptop. Such screens can easily consume more battery power and also make the screen display look glossier than it is actually needed.
- Refresh Rate: In general, gaming laptops come with a resolution of 1080p and a 60Hz display. If you are a gamer, then such a feature is perfect. Normally, higher resolutions look pretty, but they top out at 60Hz. This is why a display of 1080 is the best-suited resolution. There are some companies that provide gaming laptops with an FHD display and a much faster 144Hz refresh rate. Although this will give you a smoother gaming experience, you will also need a great quality GPU to keep up with this feature.
- GPU: There are some video games that use the CPU. However, most of the popular games use the GPU of your gaming laptop. This makes it the key factor while choosing a gaming laptop. Entry level gamers are better off with a laptop that comes with a GTX 1050, whereas mainstream gamers need the GTX 1060. If you prefer to play your games with a pretty high setting, then the GTX 1070 will be a good option.